5 WAYS TO KNOW IF U HAVE BREAST CANCER
Early breast cancer usually does not cause symptoms. This is why regular breast examinationsare important.
Breast cancer is subtle, somehow silent and could be very deadly. The chances of survival reduce with increase in the stage of the cancer. Therefore, it is veryimportant you know these symptoms so you can catch it at the early stage when survival rate is high.
Most people think that the presence oflumps at the early stage is all needed to establish that there is breast cancer. However, in some cases lumps might not be present; but there would be other indicators that might suggest the presence of breast cancer.
These warning signsare well represented in the picture above. It should be noted thatadvanced breast cancer presents various symptoms, but are discussed in another section of this website under Â¡Â°breast cancer symptomsÂ¡Â±. These are five earlysigns that may be indicators of breast cancer.
1. Presence of a lump that feels different from the rest of the breast tissue, and usually does not hurt. More than 80% of breast cancer cases are discovered when thewoman feels a lump.Lumps found in lymph nodes locatedin the armpits can also indicate breast cancer.
2. Change in the size, shape, or feel of the breast or nipple.
3. Change in the appearance of the breast. This may include redness, dimpling, or puckering that lookslike the skin of an orange
4. Change in how the nipple looks, for example pulling in the nipple.
5. Fluid coming fromthe nipple, may be bloody, clear to yellow, green, and look like pus.
Please know that some of these symptoms are not just specific to breast cancer. Therefore it is important that whenever you notice any of these symptoms, you contact your doctor immediately in order for proper diagnosis to be done.
Men can get breast cancer, too. Symptoms include breast lump and breast pain and tenderness
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article