PDP BOT Unites Mantu And Markafi Groups, To Meet Sheriff
The meeting of the members of the PDP Concerned Group led by Sen. Ibrahim Mantu, the PDP National Caretaker Committee, led by H.E. Senator Ahmed Makarfi and the members of the Board of Trustees (BOT) was held today at Transcorp Hotel, Abuja, May 26, 2016.
Also in attendance were PDP members at the National Assembly represented by H.E. Sen. Godswill Akpabio, Senate Minority Leader and Hon. Leo Ogor, House Minority Leader.
At the end of the meeting and after series of deliberation, the meeting arrived at the following resolutions:-
1. The Senator Ibrahim Mantu led PDP Concerned Group that held a parallel Convention in Abuja on Saturday the 21st of May 2016 recognises the PDP Natoonal Convention in Port Harcourt and agreed to work with the Ahmed Makarfi led PDP National Caretaker Committee;
2. 9 Out of the 12 members of the former National Working Committee ( NWC ) that was desolved at the Port Harcourt Convention also recognised the Ahmed Makarfi led PDP National Caretaker Committee and agreed to work with them;
3. BOT members and members of PDP at the National Assembly also recognises the Ahmed Makarfi led PDP National Caretaker Committee and all pledged their loyalty to the Committee;
4. BOT also advised all agrived members of the PDP that has cases in courts to withdraw such cases and settle the matter internally using the various available party mechanism;
5. Finally, the meeting constituted a Committee to meet with the former National Chairman, H.E. Sen. ( Dr. ) Ali Modu Sheriff for further deliberation.
All Party members nationwide are to remain calm and continue to support the PDP National Caretaker Committee.
PDP... power to the people
Adm. Chinwe I. Nnorom Head, Publicity Division
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article